Teaching Letter and Sound Recognition
- Gross motor activities and games with letters and sounds from Preschool Education, Preschool Express, Little Giraffe's Teaching Ideas
- Board games such as dragon letters or space aces from Lanternfish
- Letter Art - Glue objects, stamp or stencil letter-relevant items to large letter templates from DLTK
- Use mini-books and companion letter activities from First School
- Encourage pre-literacy reading with these book ideas from Preschool Express
- Practice letter recognition with home activities from Little Giraffes Teaching Ideas
- Child directed phonics learning online with Starfall or Reading Bear
- D'nealian font worksheets available for individual letters and their sounds (including hard and soft consonant variations and long and short vowels) from First School.
- D'nealian font customized worksheets are available for individual words, multiple words, sentences, and paragraphs from Handwriting Worksheets. (print and cursive also available).
Practice and Play Games
Spelling City - Free limited membership allows you to create and store spelling lists with customized definitions for use with games and tests online.